Patients in Orange County suffering from weight gain or aging don’t have to dread these issues any longer. Due to a new treatment called Kybella, our patients can safely eliminate unsightly fat cells. With Kybella, patients can enjoy permanent fat loss around the chin area. Also, the jawline will be contoured and redefined offering an attractive appeal.
With our highly trained and experienced Orange County dermatologist Dr. Tony Nakhla being a proven leader superseding others in the industry, patients are in great hands. In addition to being a board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Nakhla is a dermatologic surgeon.
Approved by the FDA, Kybella is a revolutionary procedure with the following benefits:
- It works quickly- Kybella treatments only last for 15 to 20 minutes.
- It is minimally invasive– Unlike other treatments, including the risks associated with a facelift or a liposuction, no plastic surgery of the double chin is needed. So, because it is minimally invasive, there is no need for anesthesia.
- Kybella is cost-effective– unlike previous fat reduction procedures, this procedure is a lot more affordable.
- It yields permanent results– the results start to show a few weeks following the first session. Four to six treatment sessions are normally required to eliminate all of the chin’s fat cells. And as a result, patients won’t need any more treatments due to permanent results.
- These treatments are easy– tiny injections consisting of deoxycholic acid are injected in the chin. Fat cells are then broken down which, in turn, will be slowly absorbed and eliminated throughout the body.
- No downtime is involved– with Kybella being fast and minimally invasive, there is no downtime needed. Patients can automatically get this treatment during their lunch break and return back to work afterwards.
The Kybella Process
Up to 50 injections will be applied to the area below the chin where the fat is located. Two to four sessions are required for most patients. Also, the treatment plan is scheduled for every four to eight weeks; however, a more extended time period can be scheduled for the second session.
Side Effects and Risks
Induration, bruising, numbness, and redness that last for up to four weeks along with having trouble swallowing are the side effects. Otherwise, an asymmetric smile that comes from the temporary damage of the marginal mandibular nerve is an uncommon side effect that can happen and lasts from days to weeks.